Librarian at Anthem College
August 2010 to August 2014
As the librarian at Anthem College, I supervised, organized, and maintained a career college library according to Library of Congress classification and ACICS standards. Specific tasks included:
- Advised students on the location, availability, and use of print and electronic library resources and answered reference questions.
- Prepared and conducted regular information literacy instruction with incoming students, providing an introduction to the library and its resources.
- Regularly evaluated the collection, identified areas of need based on programs/curriculum, and acquired materials within budget.
- Handled circulation procedures for all library materials, including documentation and follow-up of overdue library materials.
- Supervised student workers in the Federal Work Study program and assigned specific projects and tasks as appropriate.
- Maintained regular documentation of library status and function.
- Assisted students taking online courses with the navigation of electronic library resources and learning management system.
- Provided reporting and other assistance to the Director of Education and Executive Director.
- Served as backup to the Campus Registrar, including building and scheduling courses, processing student status changes, and tracking student grades and attendance.